FEATURED Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising
- Put new units for the Space Marines, Ork, Eldar, and Tyranid armies and two new last stand heroes to work for you on the battlefield.
- This expansion allows you to continue your fight against the enemies of the Emperor and use your squads? wargear, abilities, and experience to battle Chaos in 15 new missions.
- New ice planet graphics set increases visual diversity and adds 7 new multiplayer maps while six-player online multiplayer and a raised level cap of 30 allows for even more glory and devastating abilities.
- New single player mechanic allows you to equip incredibly powerful equipment that corrupts your squad and will guide the story towards or away from the corrupting influence of Chaos.
- Swear loyalty to the Chaos Gods and play as the bloodthirsty Chaos Space Marines in multiplayer battles against both Chaos Rising and Dawn of War II owners.
Your Blood Ravens have saved the sector, but can they save themselves? In THQ Inc. and Relic Entertainment’s sequel to the acclaimed Dawn of War II real time strategy franchise, you return to sub sector Aurelia where a long lost frozen ice planet has reappeared from the Warp, bringing with it new secrets to uncover and foes to face.
| Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising is the first standalone PC expansion to the real-time strategy (RTS) Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War II franchise. Continuing the story of the Space Marines battle against a variety of factions across several planets, in Chaos Rising players must also stand against the dreaded Chaos Space Marines. The game does not require the earlier Dawn of War II game for play, and includes 15 new missions, new units and corruption mechanic, the Chaos Space Marine faction and excellent online multiplayer options.
Dawn of War II struck a new chord in the RTS genre with its focus on specific unit based strategy with limited reinforcement options and limited RPG elements, as opposed to the generally repetitive RTS tactic of resource gathering-base building-and swarming maneuvers. The Chaos Rising expansion to the franchise follows suit with 15 new single player missions centered on the players’ strategic choice of units; upping the ante further by including new units for each of the returning in-game races and even introducing a new race, the traitorous Chaos Space Marines, who are a playable faction in online multiplayer action. In addition, players must navigate a new corruption mechanic built into in single player campaign, which consists of access to new and dangerous destructive powers. Designed to allow for variation in completing mission objectives, these powers also carry the possibility of drawing units closer to the influence of Chaos, which affects both the mission possibilities as the game progresses and the overall outcome of the game. Key Game Features