- Count Dracula has once again weakened the seals of his tomb, and the Belmont family is getting anxious
- Choose between 2 brave vampire-slaying characters in this crusade against the forces of evil
- Search castles filled with dark corners, winding staircases, and other gloomy places
- 28 different areas to explore and 4 different special items to fight with
- For 2 players
- Media Type: Cartridge, Famicom Disk System
- Number of Players Supported: 1 Player
- This is a side-scrolling platform action game. The player takes the role of Simon Belmont, who is able to jump and crack his whip directly in front of him.
Castlevania (キャッスルヴァニア Kyassuruvania?), known as Akumajō Dracula (悪魔城ドラキュラ Akumajō Dorakyura?, lit. Devil’s Castle Dracula) in Japan, is a video game series created and developed by Konami, centered on the Belmonts, a clan of vampire hunters, and their fight with Dracula.
The series debuted in Japan on September 26, 1986, with the release for the Family Computer Disk System (FDS), followed by an alternate version for the MSX 2 platform on October 30. Although the MSX 2 port (localized in Europe and Brazil as Vampire Killer) was released first outside of Japan, the series did not receive wide attention outside of Japan until the FDS version was ported to cartridge format for the Nintendo Entertainment System and localized for North American and European releases of Castlevania in 1987. The series soon became one of Konami’s flagship series.